Deploy research knowledge and practical skills to overcome complex service issues on our challenge-focused leadership programme.
Delivering value and impact to multiple stakeholder groups is fundamental in public services. Navigating this diverse landscape of politics and policy, collaboration and conflict, innovation and improvement, is more complex than ever as leaders find ways to deliver more with less.
The business of changing leadership is ours.
Our MSc in Public Leadership delivers perspectives and approaches to lead change in your career and your organisation. It’s a perfect fit for experienced practitioners from public service and third sector fields including education, environmental protection, fire and rescue, health care, housing, planning, policing and social services.
Using the latest research and real-world insights, our team of academic and practitioner experts will help you navigate policy and delivery challenges across disciplinary, geographic, organisational and sectoral boundaries. They’ll help you reflect on how theory and practice can generate and sustain individual development, organisational improvement and enhanced citizen outcomes.
Alongside the taught element of the programme, you’ll benefit from sponsorship, developmental workshops plus peer and individual coaching. A series of Masterclasses will complete this wraparound component, where high-profile guests and speakers will share knowledge of strategy, innovation, leadership and change with you.
- Learn with and from an international and multi-service cohort.
- Build a strong and sustainable network of links with public service and third sector organisations.
- Develop skills in action-orientated learning methodologies as you engage with a varied range of significant and complex service challenges.
- Benefit from a series of Practice Workshops embedded within modules, which will encourage you to enhance your self-awareness, challenge mind-sets and build confidence. We will focus on developing a selection of leadership skills related to ‘connecting’, ‘innovating’ and ‘delivering’.
- Benefit from three individual coaching sessions across year two of the programme.
- Have the opportunity to study alongside your work commitments, which requires only three days away from the office at any one time.