Our innovative English Integrated Master’s (MLit) enables you to gain a Masters level qualification as part of your degree - helping you to stand out in the competitive graduate job market. The Integrated Master’s takes you on a journey through undergraduate to masters level learning, advancing your research skills and specialist knowledge. At undergraduate level you will explore language and literature in both traditional forms and in the context of the media, including film, television, magazines and the internet. As you progress into the master’s level, you will be encouraged to work around your own research interests whilst taking a contemporary, thematic and media-aware approach.
- Tailor your degree in areas of English that interest you, including options to study both creative or traditional units
- Put theory into practice and expand your knowledge during a 4 week or 30-week placement to experience literary study in a real-world setting
- Showcase your writing to industry professionals through BU’s annual Fresher Writing Prize and New Media Writing Prize competitions
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Canada, Denmark or Germany
- Develop a range of subject-specific and transferable skills which can open the door to an exciting range of career possibilities or further study
- Benefit from specialist guest lecturers who talk about their work writing for the media industries. Previous guests have included Julian Fellows, Creator of Downton Abbey and Stella Wisdom from the British Library.