Why Study BA (Hons) Commercial Photography?
- Study and challenge a range of photographic genres including documentary, editorial, advertising, fashion, product and portrait photography
- Produce individual and collaborative authored work to a high commercial standard
- Develop specialist knowledge, skills and opportunities required to pursue your commercial ambitions
- Gain an understanding of the photography industry through examining a range of historical, social cultural, ethical and topical debates
- Expand your personal and professional development on either a 2-week or 30-week (minimum) placement within a professional organisation to gain valuable work experience.
Wiltshire College and University Centre’s Salisbury campus has an enviable reputation and over 50 years’ experience of delivering photography degrees that balance technical mastery, personal experimentation and creative development, giving you the best possible basis for a successful career. You’ll undertake a wide range of projects, including professionally guided assignments, research into the industry, as well as the production of a professional-style portfolio.
The Salisbury campus has outstanding studio space standards and facilities that enable you to gain experience of working with industry-standard equipment. You’ll work in fully equipped studios, including traditional darkrooms, and will use professional-standard cameras and lighting equipment. You’ll also have the opportunity to use the latest digital imaging software, alongside more traditional techniques for post-production work, thus increasing the opportunities for creative solutions to contemporary communication challenges.
You will be encouraged to continue our longstanding success in entering national and international competitions such as those organised by the Royal Photographic Society, the Association of Photographers and the British Institute of Professional Photography, to which the course is affiliated.