Why study FdSc Forensic Science (with Foundation Year) at Wiltshire College & University Centre, Salisbury campus?
Please note that this course is not recruiting for September 2021 entry.
- Delivered at Wiltshire College and University Centre's Salisbury campus, this course will prepare you to work in a forensics or related environment. At the end of the two years study you will have sufficient vocational skills and knowledge to start work; however an additional third year on a top-up course to achieve a full BSc degree would place all your knowledge and skills developed to good use in the scientific field.
- Year one lays the foundation for the units in year two and potentially year three. The number of students at any one year will be relatively small so all students will have maximum support from each module and personal tutor. You will be required to research current topics in your area of study and a specific module has been designed in the first year to help you understand how best to achieve this.
- There is no work placement requirement, although there is a Work Related Project in year 2 which may require you to liaise with a local company or organisation on a real-world project.
- Overall, the course is intended to produce students who are ‘fit for work’ with the theoretical and practical knowledge you will need in the forensic field.
- Applicants who do not have sufficient experience or formal qualifications may be eligible to attend the Foundation Year of their chosen Foundation Degree provided they meet the minimum entry