If you want to create art and animation using computer code, and describe technical ideas using film and animation, this is the course for you. Our graduates work all over the world in some of the leading animation and production houses.
Why study BA (Hons) Computer Animation Technical Arts at BU?
- This course is accredited by ScreenSkills, joining the ranks of the top creative training and education providers the UK has to offer
- Select specialised options that reflect the versatile nature of production, including real-time engines, rendering, character rigging, data and motion capture.
- Undertake a variety of assessments including open ended briefs where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your own specialisms as well as industry live briefs
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software.
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.