Play your part in the world
As new discoveries are made and our society changes, so too should our universities. As a founding member of Innovative Research Universities Australia (IRU-Australia), Griffith University
delivers a whole new student experience with its innovative approach to research
, training and learning. With the incorporation of Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
backed up by leading-edge research from 40 world-class research centres
, Griffith delivers real-world experience relevant your area of study
. Degrees that don’t just open doors they create them. Please see program listGriffith
is the ideal location to combine study with a great lifestyle. With five campuses
in the dynamic Brisbane-Gold Coast region you have ready access to the state capital city social, cultural and recreational facilities and the attractions of the State’s top surfside tourist destination.Griffith Highlights
- 2009 Ranked in the top 300, which places Griffith in the top 4% of institutions worldwide (Times HES-QS World Ranking).
- 2009 Ranked number one in the Premier of Queensland Export Awards for Education and Training.
- 2009 As well as significant industry and research partnerships, Griffith also maintains international exchange agreements with over 200 world recognised Institutions around the globe.
- 2009 Griffith was awarded nine citations for "Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning", making it equal top with the University of Melbourne, in the Australian Learning and Teaching Council Awards.
- 2009 Griffith leads Australia’s first $6.8M forensic research network. The Australian Future Forensics Innovation Network (AFFIN) will enable a critical mass of forensic scientists, police, universities and industry bodies to work together and share their expertise in forensic research and development.
- 2009 Griffith’s MBA was awarded a five star rating for the eighth consecutive year by the Graduate Management Association of Australia (GMAA).
- 2009 Griffith’s MBA was also ranked number one in Australia and 27 in the world by the Aspen Institute’s 2009-2010 edition of Beyond Grey Pinstripes. This is in recognition of Griffith’s leadership in integrating social, environmental and ethical issues into its programs.
- 2008 Griffith is Australia’s leader in Environmental Science with AU$50 million invested into the National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility (NCCARF).
- 2008 Australia’s new headquarters for Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security (CEPS), located at Nathan campus.
- 2008 Griffith Business School received accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Less than 5% of the world’s business schools receive this prestigious accreditation including Yale, Harvard and the London School of Business.
Major areas of study
Griffith University has more than 300 undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the following areas:
Intensive English Language courses
Asian and International studies
Accounting, Banking & Finance
Education, TESOL, Applied Linguistics
Engineering: Electronics, Construction, Civil
Film and Television Production
Health, Public Health, Nursing, Psychology
Journalism & Communications
Information Technology, Multimedia
Law, Criminology and Criminal Justice
Marine Biology, Wildlife Biology and Ecotourism
Music and Music Technology
Real Estate & Property Development
Physiotherapy and Exercise Science
Tourism and Hotel Management
Please see progam list
Orientation is an important program of events designed to introduce and assist commencing students with their transition in to life and study at Griffith University. Attendance at Orientation is compulsory, as late arrival and enrolment will make adjustment more difficult.
During the orientation program a number of important issues will be covered:
When a student has arrived for Orientation
they will need to attend a "Getting Started"
session to be eligible to collect their enrolment kit. This kit will provide them with information and instructions on how to enrol in their program online at Griffith University. They will also be given a kit that contains all the information they need to participate in Orientation.
Total number of students: 34,000
Number of International students: 7,000
Percentage of International students: 20%
International to domestic ratio: 20%
Main countries of origin: China, India, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Norway, USA, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, UK
Griffith University understands the time constraints and financial challenges facing students striving to achieve at the highest levels in academic and sporting fields.
For the latest scholarships information
International student services
The International Office has dedicated international student advisors who provide:University services and facilities
Griffith University Campus Life (Brisbane & Logan) and the Student Guild (Gold Coast) can organise an Airport Reception service to meet students on arrival. The service will collect them at the Brisbane Airport (International and Domestic) or Coolangatta Airport (Gold Coast) and take them directly to their accommodation. This service is provided free-of-charge for all commencing international students only.
- Airport pickup and reception services
- Course and Career Counselling services
- International student clubs and associations
- On campus medical facilities
- On-campus accommodation
- Religious Facilities - Christianity
- Religious Facilities - Muslim prayer rooms
- Religious Facilities - combined facilities
- Social Activities
- Special English language
- Special enrolment and orientation
- Sporting facilities - Gym
- Sporting facilities - Swimming pool
- Sporting facilities - Team sports
- Sporting facilities - variety of clubs
- Temporary accommodation on arrival
Opportunities to study abroad
A study abroad student can study courses of interest over one or two semesters. They can choose from hundreds of innovative courses that will complement their studies and add an international perspective to their home degree.